We are currently accepting applications for one-year leases beginning this summer and fall.
Although we sometimes have month-long sublets available (especially in the summer), residency is based on one-year leases.
Rent ranges from $1000-$1350/a month, depending on which accommodations you lease. This amount also covers food in our fully stocked kitchen, daily prepared dinners, utilities, wireless internet, daily newspapers, shrine supplies, household cleaning supplies, paper products as well as free courses and reduced tuition on retreats at Marpa House.
Commitments as a resident include:
- Practicing meditation at least 3 times a week, as well as joining our monthly half-day community practices
- Attending monthly community meetings
- Helping with food preparation and/or kitchen clean up 3 hours per week
- Cleaning your assigned area of the house weekly
- If sharing a bathroom with other residents, you will be assigned to clean that bathroom about every three weeks
- Spending a morning working with your fellow residents to deep clean the house every three months (with an optional BBQ and dance party to follow!)
- Participating in social gatherings and celebratory dinners to mark various occasions, such as Shambhala Day and other holidays, as part of creating community
Ready to apply?
Have more questions?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.